- Turnaround initiatives: financial, clinical or regulatory;
- Cost reduction initiatives involving labor and non-labor expenses;
- Changing the structure and management systems for more efficient operations;
- Improving quality and outcomes while redesigning systems for care management;
- Care System infrastructure analysis and design (policies, procedures, skill mix, patient flow, documentation, unit design and construction);
- Customer Service program development and enhancement;
- Leadership Development programs;
- Staff competency assessment and training;
- Regulatory compliance with The Joint Commission, Department(s)of Health, and Medicare Conditions of Participation, as well as, other regulatory bodies/initiatives;
Suzi has over 35 years of health care experience. She is a results oriented nurse leader with expertise in:
Prior to founding her own consulting practice, Suzi has held the positions of Chief Nursing Officer/Assistant Administrator, Operations Improvement Coordinator, Supervisor, and Charge Nurse. As a Staff Nurse, she chose to work both as an employee and a temporary nurse in hospital and physician office settings with work assignments of varying lengths. She has also been a recognized regional clinical educator, and worked in pre-hospital Quality Improvement.
Suzi holds a Doctoral degree in Nursing Practice (DNP) specializing in Executive Leadership from American Sentinel University, a Masters degree in Business Administration with a specialty in Managerial Leadership from City University of Seattle, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Colorado. She continues to maintain her clinical certification in Emergency Nursing. In 2009, Suzi completed an Executive Education Program as a Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma from The Ohio State University, Fisher School of Business.
Suzi has been active on several Boards in the community and state where she resides, as well as, being a member of various professional organizations. She is committed to finding the most optimal solutions to the challenges that health care providers and facilities face today in their effort to balance cost and quality, while providing excellent service.