Thank you for agreeing to speak at the 17th Annual Meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Consulting (SAC): Thriving Through Ambiguity on October 20th and 21, 2020. We are thrilled that you will be joining us for this two-day event featuring an exciting list of global presentations to some of the world’s top independent consultants.
We will be using Zoom Webinar as our meeting platform. For general sessions, the audience will be muted throughout the session, but able to submit questions through the Q&A and chat box. Breakout sessions and Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions will be held in Zoom Rooms where all attendees are able to participate. In addition, there will be at least one wine-down networking session each day, where all attendees are welcome to attend and participate.
While we know most people have become all too familiar with Zoom during this pandemic, we want to make sure you are comfortable with the Webinar setup we will be using for this event. Our technical support person will contact you several weeks in advance of the event to ensure you are set from a technical perspective and to answer any questions you may have.
Here’s important information you need to know:
- The conference will be held October 20 and 21, 2020, with sessions starting at 6am PDT for European audiences, continuing throughout the day for North America, and concluding at 7pm PDT for Pacific Rim.
- All sessions will be recorded and archived so that attendees can access the recordings at a convenient time for their location. We don’t expect anyone to participate in the entire conference live.
- All sessions will be 50 minutes.
- We will provide you with a conference-themed Zoom background and a conference PDF to use as your Zoom photo. If you need help setting this up, our tech support person will be glad to help.
- You are welcome to use PowerPoint slides if you so desire. We will provide a conference-themed title slide that we ask you to put at the front of your deck. After that, you are welcome to use whatever template you like for the rest of your presentation.
- A SAC host will be assigned to your session. The host will introduce you at the beginning of the session and remain as a presenter throughout the session so that they can access Q&A and answer any questions that come up.
We want to give you as much promotion and visibility as possible during this event. To do that effectively, we need your help:
- Check the event website to confirm your photo, bio and session description are correct:
- We will need your social media handles so we can tag you in posts. See below for how to submit this information.
- We are setting up an online bookstore that will feature books written by our speakers. If you’d like your books included, submit the necessary information using the link below.
- We’d also like to offer you the opportunity to create a 30-60 second video that we will send to our members in advance of the event. Videos shot on mobile devices are fine, but please use a horizontal frame, not vertical. Confirm on the speaker information link that you will be sending a video and we will send you the upload information.
- Each speaker is welcome to submit one piece of promotional material for the SAC Virtual Meeting kit. This can be a general piece talking about your business, or a special promotional offer for meeting attendees. Your material should be saved in PDF format. Confirm that you will be submitting a promotional piece and we will send you the upload information.
The deadline to receive book information and videos is September 15th. All promotional materials should be received by September 20th.
Use this link to submit book and social media information, and to confirm video and promotional material submissions.
To help you with your Zoom presentation:
Thank you again for your help with this event. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.