Are You Achieving Scalable, Profitable Growth?Article by Lisa Anderson, May 13, 2018
When we look back over the last 13 years of consulting with closely-held building products manufacturers to medium, private-equity backed food and beverage firms to large aerospace corporations, every single client has one goal in common – achieving scalable, profitable growth. It sounds somewhat easy but is far from simple in reality.
PROJECTS THAT ADDRESS SCALABLE, PROFITABLE GROWTH
in the last few years, these types of projects have been of particular interest – all of which spur this result.
- MANAGING GROWTH – How to make sure the back end keeps up with growth – seamless execution of rapid growth is far more challenging (and exciting) than it appears.
- OPERATIONS – How to scale operational processes to support elevated customer expectations on-time and on-margin targets.
- SYSTEMS INFRASTRUCTURE – How to scale your systems infrastructure to support your customer experience without adding people and costs every step of the way.
- TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE – How to scale your technology infrastructure without going overboard and getting caught up in fads while losing your objective.
- TALENT AND TRAINING – How to scale your people (skills and talent) to support growth – there are a myriad of topics ranging from training and education to cross-training and capacity planning to scale in the appropriate skill areas that will provide the largest impact.
- SCALING MANUFACTURING CAPACITY – How to scale your manufacturing capacity to support growth – gaining a view in advance can go a LONG way to alleviating a world of service and cost issues down-the-line.
- SCALING WAREHOUSE CAPACITY – How to scale your warehouse capacity to support growth without expanding into new buildings unless absolutely necessary – after all, warehouse space is at a BIG premium, if you can find it at all.
- SCALING SUPPLY CHAIN – How to scale your supply chain to support growth – no matter how prepared and perfect your company, if your suppliers, trusted partners and other supply chain partners are left in the dust, you’ll falter quickly. For example, lately, we’ve heard a lot of buzz about issues causing delays from China, ranging from unexpected pollution controls to government mandates to Chinese New Year.
- SCALING YOUR CULTURE – How to scale your culture as you transition from a small to medium-size company, medium to large and so on. It is easy to get stuck in “no man’s land” – NOT where anyone wants to be!
- And more….
Our best clients are thinking about each of these topics on a frequent basis. In today’s Amazon-impacted marketplace, you don’t have a second chance. Instead, you’ll see your competition speeding by….
What is your plan to achieve scalable, profitable growth?