What is the purpose of these awards?
The SAC Awards recognize two individuals who advance the profession of consulting at the highest level. Two categories: Emerging / Established
When is the Call for Nominations?
March 31, 2020 – June 2, 2020
Who can nominate individuals?
Individuals can self-nominate or be nominated by someone else
What are eligibility requirements?
To be considered for an award, nominees must meet all of the following requirements:
- A current member of SAC in good standing
- Independent business consultant (this may include engagements as advisor, mentor, coach, speaker, etc.)
- Bulk of revenue generated through direct interaction with clients (vs. sub-contracting)
Who selects recipients of the 2020 Corrie Shanahan Memorial Advancing Consulting Awards?
An awards committee comprised of current SAC members representing regions around the world. Committee members and SAC executive directors are not eligible to be considered for an award.
How are recipients selected?
The degree to which the nominee meets all of the following criteria:
- Client Success: Documented stories of how the nominee enabled clients to achieve successful outcomes. The candidate will provide references and testimonials.
- Innovation: Documented track record of how nominee has moved the profession forward. Examples could include: new services and/or products for current and/or new clients and markets; books, podcasts, and other forms of I/P, new business models that can increase consultants’ revenue and profitability (e.g., value based fees) and other novel or unorthodox approaches that create value for all concerned.
- Advocacy and Growth Through Association: Demonstrated advocate for the consulting profession through association. Examples: taking a leadership role in SAC or other industry associations, creating networks and communities, mentoring other consultants, speaking at consulting or industry events, and other pro bono work etc.
- Resilience: Nominee must submit a paragraph story about how she / he persisted through obstacles, challenges and/or business cycles, enabling growth over the long-term.
- During the month of June 2020, nominee must be available for brief phone interview with a member of the awards committee to answer questions regarding information provided on the Nomination Form.
- Nominee must commit to participate in the 2020 SAC Annual Conference, October 20-21 in New York City.
When will the awards committee notify and announce the recipient?
A member of the awards committee will contact the recipient, finalists, and nominators regarding the committee’s decision by September 2020.
SAC leadership will publicly announce the recipient in October 2020 at the SAC Annual Conference in New York City. Recipients will participate in a panel discussion during the program.
Back to the Advancing Consulting Awards page.